This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing ocean technology company specialising in autonomous survey platforms & solutions.
Blue Ocean currently owns and operates the world’s largest commercial fleet of long-duration autonomous underwater vehicles and undertakes advanced research and development programs in order to develop new and disruptive autonomous data collection technologies to address industry requirements.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to join a qualified team creating bespoke subsea survey capabilities through the integration and enhancement of commercially available systems as well as the design and development of innovative new platforms and systems.
The role will require you to operate effectively under time pressure to design and develop solutions to meet target outcomes.
This is a hands-on role encompassing both systems design, prototype development and testing.
You will have:
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in a systems integration role, specifically demonstrating hands on ability to integrate hardware and software in autonomous systems
- Demonstrated Mechatronics experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MATLAB/Arudino
- Programming skills using in Python and/or C++
- A high level of curiosity and a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- A history demonstrating high levels of motivation and the ability to complete tasks to a high quality and a tight timeframe
- Demonstrated a willingness to innovate and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation skills & the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Experience with offshore systems such as ROVs, AUVs, ocean gliders
- Hands-on, practical experience in embedded, real time control and navigation
- Familiarity with robotics middleware systems (e.g. ROS)
- An understanding of the underwater environment and the underlying physics would also be useful
The applicant needs to be an Australian citizen or have Australian working rights, hold an Australian driver’s license and have the ability to obtain a police clearance. This position will be based in Perth, Australia.
Please send your CV and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.