Text courtesy of Marine Technology Reporter MTR100.
Marine Technology Reporter (MTR) magazine is the world's largest audited circulation publication serving the global Marine Technology Market. The MTR100 is a list identifying the top 100 companies currently serving the global subsea industry.
Blue Ocean Monitoring Western Australia, Australia http://www.blueoceanmontoring.com
Blue Ocean Monitoring is an offshore survey company specializing in the deployment of unmanned survey platforms. As a private company headquartered in Western Australia, they have gone from a 3-person start up in 2014, to a multinational entity with 5 regional offices in 4 countries, employing over 20 people. They are the world’s largest commercial owner and operator of Teledyne Webb Research’s Slocum glider technology, but also offer services using autonomous surface vehicles (ASV) and mini-AUV subsurface technology.
They have developed, integrated, tested and now operate a number of customized sensor packages on their vehicles, including:
- Acoustic: marine mammal observation, ambient noise classification;
- Geochemical: natural seep detection, oil spill response;
- Environmental: baseline studies, compliance monitoring;
- Visual: habitat monitoring, seafloor classification;
- Data Harvesting: infrastructure monitoring, deep water moorings; and
- Hydrographic: single and multi-beam surveys